Recruiting for our Fall 2016 Class is now Closed.
Are you still interested in volunteering? Take this short quiz to find out how well suited you are to being a member of Mission Search & Rescue. Your score will help you determine if you have what it takes. And it’s fun too!
- Can you take care of yourself in the wild?
- Are you afraid of the dark?
- Do you have any first aid training?
- Do you have your own personal outdoor equipment – backpack, hiking boots, tent, camp song..?
- Can you make a minimum 3 year commitment to the team?
- Are your employer and family fully supportive of your decision to join the team? (We’re on call 24/7 on a rotating schedule – can you be flexible?)
- Are you physically fit?
- Have you done the Dewdney Grind or Grouse Grind in under 30 minutes?
- How about under 60 minutes?
- You’re not sure what the Dewdney or Grouse Grinds are.
- Are you afraid of heights, water or fun?
- Are you over 19 and have a valid driver’s license?
- Are you willing to have an RCMP Criminal Background check?
- If you answered Yes to 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 – score one point for each
- If you answered No to 2 and 8 – score one point for each
- If you answered A or B to #7 – score one point (if you answered C – please subtract 5)
If you scored from 0 to 3… you might want to rethink this
If you scored from 4 to 7… so close, maybe wait a bit and work on a couple of things
If you scored an 8 or 9… you are a great candidate!
If you scored 10… why haven’t you applied yet?